Many churches have taken comfort in the thought that “it could never happen here,” but headlines and a steadily-growing body of statistical evidence demonstrate that violence in faith-based organizations is not just an if, but maybe a when.
Strategos International will host a seminar on church security March 2 in Lenexa, to help you equip your church staff and volunteers to create or improve a personalized security plan.
The seminar, 1 Day Intruder Awareness and Response for Church Personnel, is said to be Biblical, ethical training to protect your congregation without compromising your mission. It will be from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Central Church of The Nazarene, 12600 W 87th St. Pkwy. in Lenexa, KS.
This course will educate your church security, ushers, greeters and parking attendants on recognizing behavioral pre-cursors to suspicious behavior.
This course also discusses the behavioral indicators of armed individuals whether they are lawfully armed or unlawfully armed. Summarized this section will instill a mindset of “SEE Something . . . SAY Something” for those that attend.
Topics to be covered include:
• History & demographics of church violence & church shootings
• Importance of “Awareness” in relation to prevention & mitigation
• Biblical authority for church safety & security
• Church lockdown protocols & principles
• Lockdown failure response protocols
• Awareness Priority Matrix for the Campus & the Sanctuary
• Educating ushers, greeters & other first line reception personnel
• Recognizing traits of suspicious behavior
• Recognizing traits of armed individuals
• Approaching suspicious or armed individuals
• Verbal conflict management & de-escalation
Tickets are available at Eventbrite.com