In honor of Father’s Day this month, let’s take a deeper look at understanding heath, wellness, sickness and disease, especially as it relates to men. Men hold a very important role in God’s kingdom. They serve as leaders and protectors in our homes and the world is desperate for men to become warriors for Christ. We need them now more than ever.
What can we do to help our men live well into their 100s instead of the estimated 75 years? Our culture accepts degeneration, pain, sickness and disease as symptoms of aging, but God created an amazing human body capable of much more. My suggestion is to look at the oldest instruction manual on the planet.
“My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.” (Proverbs 3:11-12)
Just as a good father instructs his son in the ways of living a quality life, so our Father in heaven gave us such instructions in the Bible. Unfortunately, very few people follow them.Â God clearly states throughout the Bible that if we walk in His ways and follow His commandments we will be blessed and we will not be afflicted with disease. So why do we see such a dismal state of health in our men who God designed for strength and vitality? It is because we have disconnected ourselves from our Creator and made lifestyle choices that have set us on a path of poor health. Thankfully, God is a healer and He designed us to heal if we properly steward our bodies.
Let’s take a look at two major lifestyle factors hurting the men in our life:
- Poor Diet — We simply are not eating food designed by God. God fashioned us from the dust of the earth (minerals) and gave us fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, beans, legumes and certain animals to eat. God did not design candy bars, Coca-Cola, pop tarts, white bread, white sugar, Cheerios and processed foods. For thousands of years we ate God’s provision, yet now we eat man-made provision and wonder why we are so sick. Man-made foods that manipulate God’s original design damage the human body. Why do men take care of their cars better than themselves? Why do we change the oil, filters, spark plugs and use the best gasoline? Because the designer of your car told you it would last longer. God designed you to need quality building materials and we cannot expect to run efficiently with them.
- Stress and lack of sleep – We work hard, sometimes too hard. We used to work on farms, growing food and providing for our family. This was a healthy lifestyle of hard work. Now we over-work, doing 12 hour days in an office behind a desk, on a cell phone, staring at a computer. This can be stressful and not conducive to good health. We must be intentional about getting outside, going to bed before 10pm, exercising and resting.
How do we restore men’s health?
- Eat foods in God’s original design.
- Boost testosterone with herbs such as tongkat ali, deer antler and tribulus.
- Get sunshine daily, which builds the immune system and increases testosterone naturally.
- Heal your prostate with pumpkin oil, saw palmetto, pygeum, stinging nettles and oregano.
- Move your body.
- Prevent and reverse colon cancer with good nutrition, aloe vera juice, and colon cleansing.
- Prevent and reverse heart disease with magnesium, L-Arginine, systemic enzymes, cayenne pepper, sunshine and exercise.
- Reverse aging, gray hair and baldness with minerals.
- Protect with antioxidants such as astaxanthin, resveratrol and dark colored berries
- Fear of the Lord! Get motivated by your zeal for God, a zeal for comfort and convenience will destroy your health.
It’s never too late to get to work and be intentional about your health! Do it for your wife, kids and future generations, but most importantly, do it for God
–Vaughn Lawrence is a natural health care practitioner, herbalist and owner of Spirit of Health who lives by their motto: “We Love God. We Love People. We Love Health”. www.spiritofhealthkc.com