Missourians will descend on the state’s Capitol today for the annual Pro-Life Action and Lobby Day. The event, organized by Missouri Right to Life, has been a tradition for decades as constituents visit their elected officials and encourage them to pass legislation that respects life––born and unborn.
At noon there will be a rally designed to inspire, inform and instruct participants. Featured speaker at the Noon rally is Carol Tobias, National Riht to Life Committee President.
Individuals attending are encouraged to wear red.
For the 2018 legislative term, there are several issues that organizers want to make sure legislators are aware of:
- Pass the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act to stop abortion on babies who are feeling excruciating pain during abortions.
- Ban Dismemberment Abortions in which living unborn children are aborted by a procedure in which forceps are used to pull the baby out of the womb in pieces. This procedure is used in 95% of second trimester abortions nation-wide.
- Redirect federal funding of family-planning dollars to quali ed health centers and state rural health agencies to ensure that tax dollars are going to agencies that uphold state laws and that women receive quality health care.
- Renew Pregnancy Resource Center Tax Credits to support the life-saving work they are providing for women in crisis pregnancies.
- Pass Two-Custodial Parent Noti cation before an abortion for a minor.
- Pass Simon’s Law to prevent hospitals and physicians from putting a do-not-resuscitate order in a minor child’s medical le without the parent’s knowledge.
- Maintain Oversight and Require Accountability of Abortion Clinics