Are you ready to make your love’s heart leap on Valentine’s Day? Our guide to a great Valentine’s Day will provide you with ideas and tips that will make your Valentine’s Day a success.
Tips for a smooth Valentine’s Day:
- Tell your special someone how much you care about them
- Be thankful – it’s always appreciated
- Plan ahead – babysitters, reservations, and other things that need done
- Turn off your cell phones – enjoy this time together
Candy and Flowers and Jewelry:
- Visit Hazel Hill Chocolate for a unique chocolate treat, or contact a local bakery and order their favorite cookies or other treat.
- Surprise your special someone with a bouquet of favorite flowers or balloons
- Dazzle him/her with a piece of jewelry from David’s Jewelers or other local jeweler
- Make a list of all the things you love about him/her
Gift basket for her:
- Get a gift certificate for a massage or trip to a salon or spa.
- Pick up a candle for a candle-lit bath.
- Find her favorite book at one of Topeka’s bookshops for her to enjoy during her quiet time
- Buy her a personalized gift from a local shop
Gift basket for him:
- Buy his favorite candy bars and personalize it with “Udaman” wrappers
- Include miniature bottles or cans of his favorite drink and personalize them with valentine’s day labels
- Create a ticket book with tickets for him to use at his leisure
- Include a new favorite movie, C.D., or video game he’s been wanting
READ: NAMI Kansas to hold “Not So Silent” Art Auction in Topeka
- Avoid the Valentine’s Day rush – create a romantic meal at home
- Go to a restaurant where you share special memories
- Get dinner and a room, and enjoy the indoor pool or other activities
- Laugh together at a comedy show.
- Enjoy a romantic movie at home from Netflix, RedBox, or one you already own. While watching share your favorite treat and glass of wine or sparkling cider. Include a massage.
- Enjoy a night of music and dancing before or after dinner at one of Topeka’s nightspots.
- Spend uninterrupted time together with a romantic getaway at a local retreat spot.
–Lee Hartman | Metro Voice
Go here to visit the Topeka Metro Voice Facebook page for local event notices, breaking news and local announcements. To help us spread the word, and to continue seeing our posts on your Facebook feed, “Like” the page and then like or share a story now and then, so that they will keep showing up in your feed.