China, open borders and socialism are the top threats facing the nation today, according to evangelical Christians who support D. James Kennedy Ministries. Each threat was cited by more than 90 percent of respondents in a recent survey.
Asked to choose the three most critical issues facing Congress and the Biden administration, they named religious freedom (24 percent), abortion (23 percent) and national security/immigration (21 percent) as their chief concerns.
Although not a scientific snapshot of the American populace, the survey offers a rough gauge of evangelical attitudes on key moral and social concerns. It is conducted annually to help elected officials and journalists better understand the views held by Christian social conservatives. A full 100 percent of those responding said they oppose taxpayer-funded abortion. Similarly, 99 percent reject President Biden’s initiative to codify Roe v. Wade into law, which would legalize abortion until birth.
Other notable results include:
- Ninety-seven percent reject open borders as an immigration solution.
- The same percentage wants schools to teach the history of socialism’s damaging impact on the world.
- Ninety-nine percent support protecting public display of the Ten Commandments or the cross.
- Ninety-six percent support the right of self-defense using firearms.
- Ninety-nine percent reject “sex education that features transgender exploration and surgery.”
- Ninety-nine percent believe parents should be free to speak to school boards without fear of the FBI.
The survey also revealed a striking distrust of elected officials. A mere 1 percent trust President Biden. Just 6 percent said they trust their local school board officials and 7 percent trust their congressional representatives. In contrast, two-thirds trust their pastors. Complete results from the 23-question survey are being sent to members of Congress, as well as President Biden, his cabinet and key media members.
More information about D. James Kennedy Ministries can be found at www.djameskennedy.org.
–Dwight Widaman | Metro Voice