Are you ready to make your love’s heart leap on Valentine’s Day? Our guide to a great Valentine’s Day will provide you with ideas and tips that will make your Valentine’s Day a success.
Tips for a smooth Valentine’s Day:
- Tell your special someone how much you care about them
- Be thankful – it’s always appreciated
- Plan ahead – babysitters, reservations, and other things that need done
- Turn off your cell phones – enjoy this time together
Candy, flowers, jewelry and more:
- Visit Hazel Hill Chocolate for a unique chocolate treat, or contact Kan U Say Oh Yum and order their favorite cookies or other treat.
- Surprise your special someone with a bouquet of favorite flowers or balloons
- Dazzle him/her with a piece of jewelry from a local jeweler
- Make a list of all the things you love about him/her
- Gift basket for her:
- Get a gift certificate for a massage or trip to a salon or spa.
- Pick up a candle for a candle-lit bath.
- Find her favorite book at one of Topeka’s bookshops for her to enjoy during her quiet time
- Buy her a personalized gift from a local shop.
- Gift basket for him:
- Buy his favorite candy bars and personalize it with “U-da-man” wrappers
- Include miniature bottles or cans of his favorite drink and personalize them with valentine’s day labels
- Create a ticket book with tickets for him to use at his leisure
- Include a new favorite movie, C.D., or video game he’s been wanting
- Avoid the Valentine’s Day rush – create a romantic meal at home
- Go to a restaurant where you share special memories
- Get dinner and a room, and enjoy the indoor pool or other activities.
- Laugh together at a comedy show.
- Enjoy a romantic movie at home from Netflix, RedBox, or one you already own. While watching share your favorite treat and glass of wine or sparkling cider. Include a massage.
- Enjoy a night of music and dancing before or after dinner at one of Topeka’s nightspots.
- Spend uninterrupted time together with a romantic getaway at a local retreat spot.
Serenade your sweetheart
Want to do something out of the ordinary for someone in your life? Why not enlist a Harmony Chorus or Barbershop Quartet to make someone’s day extra special with an extra special gift? For $40 or less you can have your sweetheart serenaded with song, a rose and chocolates!
The Capital City Chorus is once again offering you a chance to give that someone special in your life a unique Valentine this year from a Barbershop Quartet. This package is offered only on Feb. 14th, and includes 2 songs, a red rose and box of chocolates. You can reach them at 273-9514.
The Madrigals from Cair Paravel Latin School will also be doing Singing Valentines February 14th. For only $25, a person receives a beautiful song and a special treat. For more information and to order yours by February 8, call the school office at 232-3878.