Pro-life individuals from across the state will gather in Jefferson City Wednesday for a march around the Capitol and rally. Sponsored by the Midwest March for Life, Missouri Right to Life and other local pro-life organizations, the April 14 event will speak as one voice in the efforts to end abortion.
The march portion of the event will begin at the State Capitol at 10:00 am, followed by a rally with speakers on the Capitol South Lawn at 11:00 am. Attendees are asked to follow local COVID-19 safety protocols. Busses may be leaving from your area. Check the Facebook page for info.
READ: Biden disbands religious freedom commission
“March for Life is excited to help with and be present at the 2021 Midwest March for Life,” said Jeanne Mancini, president of March for Life. “This is such a great opportunity for Missourians to advance the progress they have already made towards protecting women and unborn children. Encouraging lawmakers at the local level to craft policies that respect the dignity of every human life is one of the most effective means of building a culture of life.”
Kathy Forck, organizer of the Midwest March for Life, says people are ready to have their voices heard. “Missourians have worked so hard to offer life-affirming options to pregnant women,” Forck says. “We have been doing our best to hold the line here in Missouri and keep moms and babies safe from abortion.”
Forck shared that Missouri abortions have decreased from a high of over 11,000 to a low of 39 abortions in 2020. “We can’t wait to share the beauty of our State Capitol and the beauty of the Missouri citizens who are all in for Life!” she stated.
March for Life is a national organization with chapters in states. It promotes the beauty and dignity of every human life by working to end abortion—uniting, educating, and mobilizing pro-life people in the public square.It is perhaps most well-known for hosting the largest annual human demonstration in the world every January in Washington DC.
The event will be emceed by Mark Serafino and speakers include:
- Jeanne Mancini, President of March for Life
- Bridget Van Means CEO Vision Leader, Thrive Nation
- Dr. John Yeats, Executive Director Missouri Baptist Convention
- Brian Westbrook, Executive Director Coalition for Life St. Louis
- Susan Klein, Executive Director Missouri Right To Life
- Eric Scheidler, Executive Director Pro-Life Action League
- Jay Ashcroft, Secretary of State Missouri
- Reagan Barkledge, Western Regional Director Students For Life America
- Angela Copenhaver, Executive Director WeTeachThink
- Lisa Rowe, Support After Abortion
- Catherine Glenn Foster, President and CEO Americans United For Life
- Rev. Anthony Viviano, Moderator for Pro-Life Ministry, Diocese Jefferson City
- Dr. Michael New, Associate Scholar, Charlotte Lozier Institute
- Rev. Msgr. Robert Kurwicki Vicar General, Jefferson City Diocese
- Hope Miller, Teen Pro-Life Activist.
Learn more at https://www.
–Dwight Widaman | Metro Voice