Promise Keepers wants to strengthen marriages with a new online marriage conference. The news comes as a Wall Street Journal article shed some light on the extreme pressures at work on marriages in the age of COVID-19. The newspaper wrote, “Coronavirus stress has produced a pressure cooker inside homes, hurting even strong partnerships and, experts say, likely breaking others.”
Promise Keeper says its fourth commitment to building strong marriages and families through love, protection, and biblical values. “Building a strong marriage that will not just survive but thrive during the age of COVID-19 is far from easy”, but it is possible. The event hopes to address how stress, deep strains, and even fractures can be healed.
READ: Divorce rates hit 50 year low
“Men are the key to forging strong marriages in stressful times,” the group said in a press release. “As men take up their biblical responsibilities, lay down their lives for their wives and children, and lead like Jesus, relationships deepen, and pressure pushes couples closer together instead of farther apart.”
The new online conference series is scheduled for January and February and is completely free. PK describes it as a fast-paced 2-hour experience designed to benefit all men, whether they are married, engaged, single, or divorced. Men can participate in the Marriage Summit in groups at church, home, base, or dorm or as individuals online on January 23.
WE NEED YOU: Donate to Metro Voice to keep this type of news coming
Marriage Event Speakers include:
- Dr. Gary Chapman, counselor and author of The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts, which has been a New York Times bestseller for 10 years running.
- John Bevere, co-founder of Messenger International and bestselling author. Over 40 million copies of his resources have been given away worldwide.
- Jimmy Evans, founder and CEO of MarriageToday, a ministry devoted to helping couples thrive in strong and fulfilling marriages and families. He and his wife, Karen, co-host MarriageToday, a nationally syndicated television program.
- Al Robertson, entrepreneur featured with father, Phil, on “Duck Dynasty.” Married for over 30 years, his is the story of rescued love in the face of an impending divorce.
- Samuel Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC), author of From Survive to Thrive and Promise Keepers board member
- Crawford Loritts, pastor of Fellowship Bible Church, board member for CRU, Family Life, and Chick-fil-A Inc, and author of Your Marriage Today…And Tomorrow
- Brad Stine, Christian stand-up comedian, actor, and writer known as “God’s Comic”
- Victor Marx, sexual assault survivor and high risk humanitarian with successful missions to Iraq, Syria, North Africa and Southeast Asia helping orphans and widows
- Dan Seaborn, founder of Winning At Home, Inc., and leader for the Marriage & Family Division of the American Association of Christian Counselors
- Tim Ross, pastor of Embassy City Church and author of Upset the World, shows how kindness and friendliness can break down barriers and build relationships.
- Jonathan Evans, serves with his father, Dr. Tony Evans, both in the local church and the national ministry. He is the chaplain of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Mavericks.
Promise Keepers Marriage Event Themes include:
- How to reconnect with your partner
- How to resolve conflict
- Positive communication
- Sex and romance
- Emotional intimacy
- The power of praying for your marriage and spouse
- Sexual integrity
Ken Harrison explained the significance of Promise Keepers’ Men’s Marriage Summit.
“Our culture bombards us with a vision of masculinity which is passive, soft, silent, and impotent. The result: men today don’t have a clear model of what it means to be better husbands, fathers, friends and men,” Ross stated.
The summit kicks off a 3-week challenge that will place you side by side virtually with other men as you build up your marriages in a concrete way. Any man, anywhere, at any time, can join the challenge through the Promise Keepers app.
The challenge will be lead on the Promise Keepers’ app and will include:
- Daily scriptures, activities and weekly challenges including leaderboards and gamification
- Video and written content, including additional resources from marriage experts
- Small, virtual groups of fellow men based upon geographic location or stage of marriage
- 21 Day Prayer Guide
Register for FREE the Promise Keepers’ 2021 Men’s Marriage Summit at promisekeepers.org/marriage.
–Dwight Widaman | Metro Voice