After a 20-year break from stadium events, Promise Keepers plans to hold a major gathering at AT&T Stadium in Dallas next summer. The ministry recently announced the members of its advisory board.
The board will help shepherd the spiritual integrity of the gathering and ensure that all speakers, topics, worship sessions and prayer groups are doctrinally sound and align with the ministry’s founding seven promises of a promise keeper — honor, brotherhood, commitment, changemaking, unity and obedience.
Members of the Promise Keepers 2020 pastoral advisory board include:
- Randy Alcorn, New York Times bestselling author of more than 50 books.
- Steve Berger, founding pastor of Grace Chapel in Franklin, Tenn.
- Bryan Carter, author, senior pastor of Concord Church in Dallas and an active community member who currently serves on multiple local faith-based and corporate boards.
- Steve Farrar, bestselling author, speaker and founder and chairman of Men’s Leadership Ministries.
- Crawford W. Loritts Jr., speaker, author, evangelist and senior pastor of Fellowship Bible Church in Roswell, Ga.
- Todd Wagner, author, speaker and senior pastor of Watermark Community Church in Dallas.
- Stu Weber, veteran, bestselling author and co-founder of Good Shepherd Community Church in Gresham, Ore.
“Following the Holy Spirit’s guidance in selecting these men to serve on our pastoral advisory board was a worthwhile process,” said Ken Harrison, CEO and board chairman of Promise Keepers. “There would be no point in resurging the Promise Keepers movement without taking every measure to ensure that it’s more Christ-centered than ever. I have confidence in these individuals and their commitment to carrying out a God-honoring event that elevates men and equips them to seek the Lord as the solution for every obstacle they face.”
Promise Keepers 2020 will take place at AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Texas, July 31 – August 1. For more information, visit www.promisekeepers.org.
–Alan Goforth | Metro Voice