A virtual event this week hopes to rejuvenate women in all the roles they play after a stressful pandemic year. “Rebuilding Resilience 2021 Women’s Enrichment Symposium” will take place virtually Thursday, April 22 through 24.
The non-profit annually provides 300 women with supportive services which help kids, families and the entire community.
“As women, we’ve been on the front lines taking care of our families during the pandemic,” stated executive director Dacia Moore. “As we enter life post-pandemic, it is important to learn, connect and laugh with other women.”
Featured speakers include Dr. Nancy Sprangler, Dr. Michelle Robin, and spoken word artist, Raven Vincent.
Moore says that Rebuilding Resilience will not only give participants life-long tools, but will provide disadvantaged women with individual counseling.
Spangler is a consultant, trainer, speaker, executive coach, and writer. She has helped countless care organizations, benefit consultants, professional organizations, governmental agencies, and research organizations provide multiple systems that support individual and organizational health and resilience.
Another speaker, Dr. Michelle Robin, believes you cannot heal the body without healing the heart–that may be the history you can’t release, that broken relationships, or other emotions that hold you captive from discovering the best version of yourself. Robin is a chiropractor, author, teacher, holistic healer, podcast host and founder of Your Wellness Connection
Entertainment will be provided by Raven Vincent, founder of “The Making Of” Creative Community and a widely respected spoken word artist. Vincent has used her spoken word, writing, and heart to see social media utilized as a mission field for the kingdom of God to develop an online community of 18,000 people made up of young men and women who long to live their lives in the wholeness and fullness that God originally intended for them.
Themes for the symposium include:
- Building Resilience Skills Sets: Workshop Highlights: Experiencing and practicing skillsets, such as mindful awareness, extended exhale breathing as a calming tool, reframing thoughts, setting if/then intentions, and resilience-building postures and movements; Planning to rebuild a personal connection with someone who might help you turn your resilience practices into resilience habits
- Living at the Speed of Intensity: How to Reduce Unnecessary Stress and Focus on What’s Important: Workshop Highlights: Being introduced to the 5 primary choices that you make daily that have greatest impact on productivity and quality of life; Recognizing how “multi-tasking” is reducing your effectiveness and stressing you out
- Building Rhythm and Resilience
- Financial Preparedness: Attend this workshop to hear stories about six women who have figured out a few things about money — and enriched their lives in ways that are about more than money. In this session, we’ll also address how to manage your money within a budget you design to reflect your values and goals.
- Our Anchor to Cultivating Emotional Wellbeing
- How to Live a Richer Life Without Being Rich: The presentation will walk through at least five real-life topics that each relate to mental wellbeing and financial education. We will show evidence how mental perspective, knowledge, and focus can make us all feel wealthier and happier.
- Unlock Your Inner Leader: Reveal and Redesign Your Resilient: The #1 decision that optimizes how you spend your time
- Ladies Who Launch: Living a Platinum Platter Life
For info on the symposium call 913-393-4283 or to register click HERE.
–Dwight Widaman | Metro Voice