The Fellowship of Christian Athletes, based in Kansas City, has announced seven new members of their Board of Trustees.
“We are so blessed by our newest members of our Board of Trustees,” said Shane Williams, president and CEO of FCA. “These individuals are solid in their faith and faithful to the ministry of FCA. We are excited to see what God will do through their leadership and oversight.”
These are the new members:
- Rich Honig is a retired school principal and longtime supporter of FCA. A current member of the Great Lakes region advisory board, Honig was affected as a child by the impact the gospel had on his parents and has been an avid Christ-follower since then.
- Mike Krueger, a graduate of Harvard Business School and the University of Wisconsin, spent 33 years with Kraft Foods before retiring and directing his energy into various family and church activities. An avid golfer, Krueger first became involved with FCA as a volunteer at an FCA golf camp in 2010.
- Rimon Moses, born in Cairo, Egypt, was brought to America as a child by his parents who were fleeing religious persecution. After seeing the hand of God move on behalf of his family as a young child, Moses has been serving the Lord in a variety of ways.
- Doug Rogers, an insurance agent and broker with a degree from Louisiana Tech University, has been an FCA advocate for years. A high school coach encouraged him to attend a national FCA camp, where he found a personal relationship with Christ.
- Steve Simms was changed for the Lord thanks to his high school cross-country coach, who encouraged him to attend FCAhuddles and planted the first seeds of faith. To this day, Simms attributes his thriving relationship with Christ to FCA.
- Samuel Song, a pastor at the church he and his wife planted, accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior after a mission trip to Mexico playing basketball, which gave him an understanding of the power of sports ministry. A graduate of Fuller Theological Seminary, Song enjoys spending time with his wife Lisa and four children.
- Arlin Yrastorza, with a degree from the University of Southern California, is a commercial real estate agent and homemaker. She received Christ as her Lord and Savior at a Christian camp in California when she was 8 years old.
These individuals join returning trustees Diana Myers, Lee Schull and Chris Selle in the 2023 board of trustees class.
You can visit FCA’s website at www.fca.org, its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TheFCATeam or its Twitter feed https://twitter.com/TheFCATeam.
–Dwight Widaman | Metro Voice