The Institute for International Medicine (INMED) has announced an updated course catalog.
INMED, based in Kansas City, is a global health education and training organization that has been equipping and preparing healthcare students and professionals to serve the world’s forgotten, locally, nationally and internationally since 2003.
These online courses are highly affordable and offer the most up-to-date, evidence-based information in international health, particularly for healthcare professionals in low-resource and cross-cultural settings. Many courses are accredited for CME and Nursing Contact Hours.
Updated courses include:
- Diseases of Poverty Online Course, 2nd Edition
- HIV Medicine for Limited Resource Settings Online Course, 2nd Edition
- Maternal-Newborn Health Online Course, 2nd Edition
- International Public Health Online Course, 2nd Edition
- Cross-Cultural Skills Online Course, 2nd Edition
- Disaster Management in Limited Resource Settings Online Course, 2nd Edition
- Health Leadership for Limited Resource Settings Online Course, 2nd Edition
- Healthcare Education Online Course, 2nd Edition
- Ultrasound for Primary Care Online Course, 2nd Edition
- Professional Certificate in International Medicine & Public Health
- Professional Certificate in International Nursing & Public Health
- Professional Certificate in International Public Health
Anne Sly, MD of Research Family Medicine Residency, stated, “INMED learning tools provide a comprehensive introduction for any health professional who is entering international service. Their emphasis on the socioeconomic and political influences on world health provides an important insight into the challenges involved. Their review of diseases of poverty is essential, given that these are frequently outside of our experience. Their curriculum on cross-cultural skills is a sensitive and realistic approach to the challenges of cultural adaptation. Most importantly, INMED cultivates a foundation in health leadership so very necessary to implementing effective improvements for people who exist on the fringes of health care.”
More information on INMED’s updated course catalog can be found on their website.