All national parks will be offering free admission to anyone who wants to enter on Veterans Day Nov. 11.
While some of the more than 400 national parks that are open daily are free all the time, around 100 of them require an entrance fee.
The free day only covers the entrance fees to the parks and do not cover the costs of certain activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation or special tours.
The National Park Service recorded just over 312 million recreation visits in 2022 – over 15 million more from 2022.
The most visited parks were:
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, 12.94 million.
- Grand Canyon National Park, 4.73 million.
- Zion National Park, 4.69 million.
- Rocky Mountain National Park, 4.3 million.
- Acadia National Park, 3.97 million.
- Yosemite National Park, 3.67 million.
- Yellowstone National Park, 3.29 million.
National Parks have undergone a multi-billion renovation begun by an act signed by then-President Trump in 2020.
–Dwight Widaman | Metro Voice