Ministry organizations and church leaders from a broad segment of the global church are uniting around the “2033 Commitment: A Call to the Global Church for a Decade of Great Commission Effort.”
The initiative calls on Christians from around the world to recognize the need for Jesus Christ by more than eight billion people, including the 3.5 billion who never have had an opportunity to hear the gospel. It challenges Christians to:
- Collaborate with one another toward the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
- Pray for the salvation of family, friends, neighbors, coworkers and the people of the nations of the world.
- Mobilize the followers of Jesus entrusted to ministries and local churches in reaching every person on earth with his grace and truth.
- Invest increased resources in evangelistic efforts, especially for people who have never heard the gospel.
- Go with the good news, using every means available so everyone has the opportunity to know Jesus Christ.
Signatories to the commitment agree to prioritize the fulfillment of the Great Commission in their life and ministry, with the goal of seeing every person on earth reached with the gospel by 2033. That year will be the 2,000-year anniversary of Christ’s crucifixion, resurrection, ascension and the birth of the church on the day of Pentecost.
“I believe we are entering the most important decade of Great Commission effort in the history of the church,” said Dr. Billy Wilson, chair of Empowered21 and the Pentecostal World Fellowship. “If we as the church will work together, with the help of the Holy Spirit, we can reach everyone on earth with the good news of Jesus and see the fulfillment of Christ’s command in Mark 16 to go into all the world and preach the good news to everyone.”
The 2033 Commitment was drafted during a gathering of denominational and parachurch leaders in New York City in December 2022. The 2033 Commitment will be a centerpiece of the Amsterdam2023 conference, to be held June 21-24 at the Amsterdam RAI Convention Center and Olympic Stadium. With more 150 speakers and thousands of Christian leaders from around the world, Amsterdam2023 will serve as a launching point for the decade of evangelism leading up to 2033.
For more information, a list of participating organizations and individuals and to become a signatory of the 2033 Commitment, visit https://2033.earth/.