NARAL Pro-Choice America has endorsed Joe Biden for president. The organization, considered the most radical pro-abortion organization in the United States, said he will “expand access to abortion” and stop the “anti-choice” agenda of the Trump administration.
“The choice is clear: In his four years in the White House, Donald Trump has exhibited unprecedented cruelty and put lives and freedom on the line time and time again – and this November, we have the opportunity to elect Vice President Joe Biden, a deeply compassionate and thoughtful leader who knows that fighting for reproductive freedom for everybody is part and parcel of a just society,” said Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America. “Joe Biden will stand for freedom over Donald Trump’s desire to control women. He will put a stop to Trump’s dangerous anti-choice political agenda when so much hangs in the balance.”
READ: Bernie Sanders says pro-life democrats not welcome
NARAL plans to spend $34.7 million to elect Biden and other like-minded politicians, “from statehouses to the White House,” the press release said.
The National Right to Life Committee last year endorsed Trump for re-election. Carol Tobias, president of the National Right to Life Committee, called Trump “the only presidential candidate who stands for the unalienable right to life.”
“From his first day in office, President Trump and his Administration have been dedicated to advancing policies that protect the fundamental right to life for the unborn, the elderly, and the medically dependent and disabled,” Tobias said.
A National Right to Life press release said Trump had:
- “Restored the Mexico City Policy, which “prevents tax funds from being given to organizations that perform abortions or lobby to change abortion laws of host countries.” Trump later expanded the policy to “prevent $9 billion in foreign aid from being used to fund the global abortion industry.”
- Cut off funding to the United Nations Population Fund “because of that agency’s involvement with China’s forced abortion program.”
- Pledged “to veto any legislation that weakens current pro-life federal policies and laws, or that encourages the destruction of innocent human life at any state.”
- Ensured federal Title Xfunding “does not go to facilities that perform or refer for abortions.”
- Nominated judges who believe “that federal courts should enforce the rights truly based on the text and history of the Constitution.
In an opinion piece in the liberal Washington Post, Biden was accused of having abandoned his previous stance on not funding abortion with taxpayer money.
“Biden’s surrender to the pro-abortion radicals damaged his presidential prospects. First, it made him seem weak and unprincipled. Few pro-choice voters would have abandoned Biden because he opposed taxpayer-funded abortion; indeed, plenty of pro-choice voters agree with that position. But voters will abandon a politician who abandons his principles,” the Post wrote.
–Alan Goforth | Metro Voice