Despite the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, Global Outreach Day’s GO 2020 reached 277 million people worldwide with the gospel.
“We were surprised by the effectiveness of reaching out digitally and by phone,” said Werner Nachtigal, founder and president of Global Outreach Day. “GO 2020 was uniquely placed in the crisis. We could share the Gospel of hope with a multitude.”
What I have I give you (Evangelism Webinar with Matt King, Chris Overstreet and Alan Greene)Join in Zoom: http://go2020.world/mkPeople might not want their sins forgiven right now, but they want healthy bodies and healthy minds. The people want the power of God, and we can offer them the power of God.Peter had no money to give a begging crippled man, but what he had, he gave to him. He pulled him up and was the conduit for the power of God to heal. People were consequently saved. God's heart is for us to be a vessel of His power to save and deliver, and many will come into forgiveness and saving grace by this means. We have the Answer for what money cannot buy.SPEAKERS:Matt KingChris OverstreetAlan Greenehttps://matthewking.co/https://compassiontoaction.comhttps://nextgenerationalliance.orghttp://go2020.world#GO2020
Posted by Global Outreach Day on Thursday, July 16, 2020
Police officers with a pastor distributed food and tracts to a village in the Dominican Republic. In Honduras, several members of the army shared the Gospel. Ugandan Christians provided food during the famine and saved many from physical and spiritual death. In a Muslim country, an Imam invited people to come and see the Jesus Film and witness the “Heavenly God,” using the mosque loudspeakers.
Other highlights include:
- The Jesus Film reported showing its movie in 110 countries and had 163 million views in just one weekend.
- Global Media Outreach reached 14.3 million people in 150 countries with web-based evangelistic services.
- A video clip of 50 countries singing “Amazing Grace” got 32 million views.
- Several TV programs, featuring Andrew Palau, Nick Hall, Michael W. Smith, Daniel Kolenda and others were recorded and aired on TBN and GOD TV.
- Filipino senator and former champion boxer Manny Pacquiao led several senators to the Lord through an online Bible study.
- In Minneapolis, Christians reached out to protesters with prayer, with 15,000 people being baptized.
- Hormoz Shariat of Iran Alive Ministries, reported that thousands of Muslims were saved through a TV program broadcast over satellite into the Middle East.
GO 2020 is continuing its outreach with 90 Days of Hope until the end of August. During 90 Days of Hope, churches and ministries will have an outreach on the last Saturday of each month. On August 29, there will be a Global Day of Hope with joint evangelistic outreaches and evangelistic activities taking place around the world. For more information visit Go2020.world.
–Dwight Widaman | Metro Voice