Pat Robertson, the founder of CBN, warned on “The 700 Club” this week that Democrats in Washington have launched an aggressive campaign on multiple fronts in a blatant power grab that’s designed to guarantee “radical” liberal control of the country for years to come.
He detailed a list of their latest efforts, saying the moves threaten to lurch America to the left and do irreparable harm to the country’s key institutions, such as the U.S. Supreme Court.
“They want to get it through fast before the American people wake up, and I feel like Paul Revere like the British are coming and you’d better get awake or you will lose your government,” he said.
Here’s the list of Democrat objectives he cited as a serious concern for all Americans:
- Passage of a Voting Rights Act that federalizes elections, takes away the power of state legislatures, permits unsupervised and unlimited mail-in ballots and allows ballot harvesting.
- Elimination of the longstanding Senate filibuster, which denies effective power to the minority. In a 50/50 Senate, Vice President Kamala Harris becomes a deciding vote to allow other controversial steps to be taken by the Senate.
- Statehood for Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico which would permit the election of four new Democratic senators to keep the Senate in Democrat hands for the foreseeable future.
- Supreme Court-packing with four new liberal justices, which would destroy the independence of the judiciary.
- Under the guise of infrastructure, an effort to allocate tens of billions to liberal groups throughout America.
- A plan to give citizenship to millions of undocumented immigrants whom they hope will repay them by voting for Democrats.
- Ongoing efforts to run the government by executive fiat.
Robertson said these liberal ambitions are all serious concerns, and each one poses a major threat to the future of the country. He’s especially concerned about the effort to eliminate the checks and balances provided by filibuster rules in the Senate. “If the filibuster goes, the country’s had it,” he said. “We do not want to give our nation over to one-party rule for the rest of our lives.”
–Alan Goforth | Metro Voice