The scene, one of great familiarity to Americans, made us smile. We were in Israel!
Emma’s observation is true of anyone who visits the Holyland. It is not what a person expects and certainly not what the nightly news wants you to believe.
Dwight, Hannah, Emma, and I were on a family tour of Israel. We witnessed firsthand how seeing the culture up close can change your perspective.
But traveling to Israel and walking in the footsteps of the Patriarchs, Jesus, and the Apostles also supercharges your faith. You put together the pieces of a grand puzzle. The scriptures, spoken on a tour from atop the Mount of Precipice, at Mary Magdalene’s synagogue, inside the ruins of Jesus’ hometown, or in the cool, shaded garden outside the Garden Tomb each provide “ah ha!” moments.
On that trip, we understood how those experiences are truly life-changing – whether you are 18 or 81. There is nothing like standing in the epicenter of human history – the place where God chose to redeem us and where His story is still unfolding.
It is now our goal to help as many Christians as possible experience their own “ah ha!” moment. Our guests return transformed. For them, the response is, “Why did I wait so long?”
Let me tell you about our signature tour for 2023. We’ve named it “In His Footsteps.”
Here’s what is included:
- DATES: April 29 to May 10, 2023. Ten days on the ground in Israel. (if this date does not work for you, we have two other trips planned, including November 2022 and March 2023.)
- Flights on United Airlines: We leave Saturday, April 29, and arrive back in U.S. on May 10
- Our flights are out of Kansas City but we can help arrange travel from other U.S. cities.
- Fare Includes carry-on and personal items PLUS large checked luggage at no additional charge
- Greeted by tour staff to guide us through the airport upon arrival
- U.S. and Israeli airport mobility assistance if requested
- Airport Transfers in Israel
- Pre-arranged money exchange for your convenience
- Luxury motor coach with our favorite driver
- Hotels: 9 nights in just two hotels for ease of unpacking. Both hotels (one on the shore of the Sea of Galilee and the other in Central Jerusalem) are luxury accommodations.
- All breakfasts and dinners are included. Full buffet with drinks
- Free wi-fi at hotels and on bus
- Tour guides are archaeologists and Bible scholars – the best in Israel!
- All sites and special activity entrance fees including Lunch at Nazareth Village, a camel ride and refreshments with “Father Abraham,” and participation in an active archaeological dig from the Second Temple period
- A special day in Samaria – the Biblical “heart” of Israel
- Special afternoon refreshment break
- Custom, spiral-bound tour Bible study guide
- Personal audio headsets
- Special last night “farewell” celebration restaurant dinner along Mediterranean Coast
- No vaccinations or pre-flight testing is required. Masks not required
- Pre-trip trip planning assistance and info
- Hosted by Anita and Dwight Widaman who make your experience seamless
- All-inclusive ground tour price of $2995.
- Round-trip airfare from Kansas City to Tel Aviv is $1598.
These prices do not include optional trip insurance, daily lunch or tips.
If touring the Holyland is on your bucket list, don’t wait. With busy schedules, there is never a “perfect” time to make it happen. In fact, many people wait too late, allowing health or other concerns to creep up on them. They miss their opportunity.