The American version of Canada’s truck convoy includes routes from all over the country converging on Washington D.C. One of those routes, called American Freedom Convoy, has departed from Aurora, Colorado and is headed east on Interstate Highway I-70.
One of the organizers has stated that the convoys are for “everyone that believes in their personal freedoms as a human being, and as an American, their personal freedoms that are protected by the Constitution of the United States.”
Another goal of the movement is to hold officials accountable for the actions they took in the name of public health during the pandemic, and to see “congressional hearings, as to several things: why the actions were taken that were taken, what science did they use to [back up] their actions. it’s time for elected officials to work with the blue collar and white-collar workers of America and restore accountability and liberty – by lifting all mandates and ending the state of emergency – as COVID is well-in-hand now, and Americans need to get back to work in a free and unrestricted manner.”
The I-70 convoy is scheduled to pass through Topeka and Kansas City area today. Below is the tentative schedule they have posted.
READ: The cost of gas and driving is rising; here’s how to save
Convoy Launch CO – KS – MO (I-70E Route)
March 3rd, 2022:
- 2:00pm – Depart Flying J in Aurora, CO Travel on I-70E
- Arrive Pilot, Petro, 24/7 truck stops Salina, KS exit 252.
March 4th, 2022
- 9:00am – Depart Salina, KS Travel I-70E
- 10:am – Slow roll through Junction, KS
- 11:30am – Slow roll through Topeka, KS Take I-70E to US-40E (exit 366) to K-10E to I-435 to I-70E
- 1pm Arrive at Petro in Oak Grove, MO, exit 28 Travel I-70E
- 3:30am – Slow roll through Columbia, MO Travel I-70E Take I-270N around St. Louis, MO to I-55
- 6:30pm – Arrive TA and Pilot Troy, IL exit 18, US Rt 162 to 1-70E
- 8pm – Arrive Pilot travel center & Walmart in Vandalia, IL Stay for the night.
March 5th, 2022:
- 9:00am – Depart Vandalia, IL Travel I-70E
- 9:30pm – Slow roll through Effingham, IL
- 11am – Slow roll through Terra Haute, IN
- 3:30pm – Slow roll Indianapolis, IN take I-465S to I-70E Rendezvous with other teams.