America’s most liberal companies have made their stance on Roe clear this weekend as they’ve promised employees they’ll pay for abortions. Many of them were mocked by pro-lifers on social media who stated the companies would rather pay to abort a child than pay for extended leave for the mother.
U.S. Supreme Court overturned the infamous 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, as well as the 1992 Planned Parenthood v. Casey decision. The rulings do not outlaw abortion, as some media outlets, corporations and pro-choice advocates allege, but rather return to each state the ability to regulate or ban it.
The vote was 6-3 in favor of overturning Casey and 5-4 in favor of overturning Roe.
The Hill published a list of the companies found nationwide that will offer travel-related abortion benefits.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods is reimbursing employees $4,000 in travel expenses to get an abortion.
- Netflix will pay up to $10,000 for travel reimbursement for abortions including late-term abortions.
- Amazon will provide $4,000 for travel expenses outside of 100 miles of an employee’s home.
- Starbucks will reimburse all abortion travel expenses not available within 100 miles
- Yelp will pay for travel costs for an abortion.
- Microsoft will reimburse employees for travel expenses related to an abortion.
- Apple will cover all travel expenses.
But that’s not all, even more comanies proudly proclaimed they pay to end the life an an unborn child. The following companies will also be covering travel expense for employees to receive an abortion, according to The Hill:
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- JPMorgan Chase
–Dwight Widaman | Metro Voice